Margarita Gokun Silver, MPH, CPCC, PNLP
Differences – different people, different places, different things –
Routine, other people’s expectations, pre-assigned roles and guidelines – shut me down.
I grew up in a closed society where my future was decided for me years before I was born. Moving abroad tore down all the walls and gave me a chance to explore who I really am and why I am here on this planet. Since leaving the USSR and making the rest of the world my playground, I’ve …
- Married into a cross-cultural relationship
- Have been raising a true global nomad who lights up my days
- Graduated from Yale University
- Wrote two novels and one screenplay
- Wrote four bi-lingual children books that are now iPhone and Android Apps
- Learned to paint in oil and exhibited at the Museum of Art of Ft Lauderdale
- Lived and worked in seven countries and travelled through 40
- Learned two languages fluently and two others not so fluently
- Coached many a client on finding their light
- Created e-books and courses for expatriates
- Organized an online Cross-Cultural Academy with courses on many countries created by a cooperative of trainers
- Moved my family from country to country and planned every single vacation we ever had
- Started the first and the largest website for healthy and responsible lifestyles in Russia
… and I loved and continue to love doing all of those things (and more!).
We all have unique talents and disregarded parts of ourselves that are longing to be expressed and explored. Sometimes moving half way around the world is our cue to begin that exploration. Abraham Lincoln said “I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have.”
You want to discover your light?
Professionally… I hold a Master of Public Health degree from Yale University and I coach in English, Russian, and Spanish. I have been trained and certified (CPCC) by one of the most prestigious coaching schools in the United States – The Coaches Training Institute. I am also an NLP Practitioner.