Thank you to those of you, expat and cross-cultural coaches, who took the time to complete the survey. Here are some of the results that came out of this very informal survey and you can download the full report here.
Of those who responded (69 people in total):
- 17.4% were expat coaches
- 26.1% were cross-cultural coaches
- 60.9% were both
- 89.8% coach for LESS than 10 hours per week
- 83.9% make LESS than 30,000 USD per year from one-on-one coaching
- 15.9% offer products such as e-courses/e-books/etc to their clients and 88.2% do NOT make any money on products
- 76.8% offer workshops/group coaching to their clients and 85.5% make LESS than 30,000 USD from those workshops
Coaches — what do you think about the vitality of our niche?
I am discouraged and surprised at the same time.
Discouraged because almost 85% of coaches in our niche do not make a living wage.
Surprised because I hear so much about the “needs” of expats and I hear so much complaining on the part of those expats — yet it appears not many expats are interested in working with a coach to resolve those complaints. What gives?
BY THE WAY, COACHES! There is still time to sign up for the licensing and certification webinar for the Culture Mastery 4C’s Process™ — culture-emotion intelligence methodology that you can use to help your clients work successfully across culture. For more info and to sign up, go here.